The Canadian League of Composers (CLC) exists as a representational voice for Canada’s art music composers, and currently serves nearly 400 composers, representing all regions, both official languages, and a diversity of styles, backgrounds and career stages.
Here are some of our membership benefits:
- Be the first to know about upcoming events and opportunities for composers through our monthly Newsflash!;
- Participate in regular Professional Development workshops across Canada;
- Provide a link to your bio on our website www.composition.org;
- Access podcasts and discussion forums on the Members Circle of our website, as well as information regarding Commissioning Rates and Model Contracts;
- Keep informed about the activities of the Canadian Section of the International Society for Contemporary Music;
- Let your voice be heard on behalf of music composed by Canadian on advocacy issues such as commissioning rates, policy changes and Canadian content.
Our membership is our greatest strength – your membership gives us credibility with funders, such as the arts councils, foundations and governments (municipal, provincial and federal) on which we all depend. It also gives you credibility with your funders to be part of a national organization that represents composers.
Interested in becoming a member? To find out more, and to apply, please visit our Become a Member page.